Lust looks down

at the town square below
as she has for the last 700 years

this version is a copy
of the original in the museum
and was made for the restoration of the church
hence the extensive scaffolding

The Münster was begun around the year 1200
on the site of an original church
dating from the founding of Freiburg in 1120

so the original Ms Lust has seen a great deal

including, on the night of 27 November 1944,
a bombing raid which dropped 1900 tons of explosives
on the town in a mere 25 minutes

that she survived is extraordinary